Wednesday 26th July, 2023.
The annual general meeting of ESCC was held at East’s Leagues last week and well attended with the key outcomes as follows for club members, players and supporters.
- Office bearers were appointed as follows which was preceeded by a move to reduce the committee to ten people from fourteen. This was approved under a model whereby sub-committees will oversee key areas of the club. Opportunities do exist for non-board members to be involved with sub-committees in Commercial (Chair Peter Sciberras), Cricket (Chair Dominic Remond), Operations (Chair Matt Coles) and Juniors (Chair Paul Frampton).
- The re-appointed President Jim Maxwell welcomes new board member Cynthia Rouse and thanked outgoing members Sally Betts, Leonie McEntee, Tom Gallop, Andrew Taucher and Tim Brown. Collectively they represent 15 years on the board and over that time have provided their time and support towards the growth and well-being of the club that is heading towards the 130 year milestone in 2024.
Other highlights of the meeting include:
- Operating surplus post-covid that will be utilised by the new board over the coming years to ensure growth and community engagement remains positive.
- Special thanks to club sponsors with their financial support contributing greatly to the surplus with major partners Pillinger Real Estate and Wahu returning for season 23/24.
- Appointment of Club Head Coach Michael McLennan to lead the development of the seniors and oversee the junior pathway that is producing many fine cricketers.
To view the online copy of the 2022/23 ESCC Annual Report, please click here.
Looking forward to the new season commencing in the coming months we welcome new members to ensure you benefit from sponsor offers and share club information to increase our playing ranks and position in the community.
Yours in Cricket,
2023/24 ESCC Committee.