Eastern Suburbs Cricket Club (ESCC) is one of the largest cricket clubs in Australia and is unique in that our junior and senior teams are managed under one Management Committee.
Player participation drives all our cricket programs and we aim to provide a family friendly environment to allow everyone to develop to the best of their abilities.
We offer junior cricket for boys and girls aged between 5 and 17 and have pathways into Sydney Premier Cricket through our senior program. Our junior programs are aligned to Cricket Australia’s pathway (https://www.community.cricket.com.au/clubs/participation-programs/junior-formats).
WOOLWORTHS BLASTER CRICKET
Our entry-level program is Junior Blasters at Waverley Oval on Sat mornings or Friday evening for children aged 4 to 7. This is a skills-based program. Our Saturday program is unique in that it is run by our grade players.
The next step is Master Blaster on Saturday mornings and Friday evenings for boys and girls 7 and 8. This is a game-based format focussed on fun and participation.
- The Saturday competition takes place at Rowland park in conjunction with other local clubs. Players are formed into teams at the beginning of the season and play with the same team. Teams are coached/managed by parents.
- The Friday session also offers game-based, however players are not part of a specific team and play a game organised on the day by Easts coordinators. Players can also do skills if they prefer
STAGE 1-3 JUNIOR CRICKET
Following Master Blaster players move into the formal junior competition for ages 8-16. This progresses through Stages 1-3 of Cricket Australia’s pathway starting with U10’s and finishing with U17’s. All formats require protective equipment and are played in the Eastern Suburbs (U10-U12) and both the Eastern Suburbs and Inner West (U13-U17). Details are:
- U10’s and U11’s play Stage1 cricket with modified rules and a continued focus on participation and fun.
- U12’s and U13’s play Stage 2 cricket, with fewer rule modifications and longer games.
- U14-U17 play Stage 3 cricket as the game evolves towards traditional rules.
- Casual Players: by arrangement with coaches, it is possible for teams from U10 and above to use casual players if they do not have sufficient numbers for a game. Casual players MUST register via PlayCricket and meet age requirements.
We still have limited spaces for the 2022-23 season. Instructions on how to register using Cricket Australia’s new PlayHQ system can be found below.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
CricketID To complete your registration this season you will need a CricketID. This should be in the name of the PARENT not the player. Parents who have completed any Cricket Australia training modules will already have an ID which is an email address. The last part of the registration process requires you to enter the cricket ID (email address) so it is recommended you set up a new ID or confirm your login details at https://cricket-id.cricket.com.au/ before continuing with registration. Please note that the MyCricket numerical ID is no longer used with the PlayHQ system. Active Kids You are able to use an Active Kids voucher to register for cricket at Easts. These can be obtained via your Service NSW account. This will reduce the cost by $100.
HOW TO REGISTER
Once you have your CricketID and Active Kids Voucher (optional) you can proceed to registration. The first step is to log into PlayHQ. Sign up for Play HQ here. Once again the first stage of the setup should be completed in the name of the PARENT. Once you have setup a CricketID and PlayHQ ID you can begin the registration process. The following links will take you directly to the to the Easts Dolphins Registration Pages:
For Junior Cricket registrations please confirm availability with firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registration.
- Choose User Choose the player you wish to register.
- Choose Role Select Player
- Participant Details Select which competition you wish to participate in, note last years team and nominate which friends / team you would like to play with this season (subject to team size limits)
- Fees The fees for Cricket Australia, Cricket NSW and Easts Juniors are displayed here along with links to terms and conditions.
- Products You will be asked to nominate a shirt size for your player based on the sizes in the chart below. These are the same as last season and are relatively large U15 and U17 Sunday competition players should also select to pay the Turf Competition levy here. Whilst we are not able to make this a mandatory field based on the competition selection players it is compulsory for players participating in the u15 and U17 Sunday competitions to pay this levy during registration. Players will not be allocated to a team until the levy is received. The levy will attract an administration charge if processed separately.
- CricketID Link your CricketID to your PlayHQ account – this only needs to be done once.
- Payment On the left hand side enter credit card details. The upper right shows a breakdown of your order. On the lower right hand side of the page you can enter a voucher code if you have been given one by Easts Juniors. To use an Active Kids voucher select “I have a Government Voucher”
Hardship: Easts are committed to providing access to junior cricket. Any players facing financial hardship due to COVID can contact the club directly at email@example.com to discuss their situation.
Information on formats: Australian Cricket Pathway Foundation
Click the appropriate Program link below for more info on your age group.
Please read our Club Policies.